Birthday Blog: 35th
Here I am, 35, and my life has no direction. My job’s a joke. Fortunately, I’m not broke. And my love life’s not DOA. 😹
For those who are 35 years old or younger and successful, how did you do it? I mean, anong bigas ang kinakain niyo?
Anyways… life hasn’t been easy on me in the past year, I guess—especially since I celebrated my 34th birthday. But by God’s grace, I survived, and I’m still surviving.
A lot has happened during that year, both in my career and in my family. I went through some of the toughest times of my life. There was a sad ending, a new beginning, a happy ending, and then a new beginning again. But despite all of that, I’m still here.
Kinaya, kinakaya at kakayanin.
Even though kinaya ko, kinakaya, at alam kong kakayanin ko by God’s grace and mercy, I am still hoping and praying that He’ll be easy on me.
Ang sabi nga nung nabasa ko, “Lord, I am not one of Your strongest soldiers,” so please be easy on me. Alam ko namang hindi Niya ako pababayaan, pero dahan-dahan naman po sa feelings ko. Tao lang ako na nasasaktan. 😭😹
As I enter my 35th year, I’m not hoping for extravagant or extraordinary things to happen in my life. I don’t even wish for a happier life.
What I wish for is a pain-free and sad-free life.
I know it’s impossible, but that’s what I want. I don’t want a perfect life; I just want a smooth-sailing life.
I know there will be rough roads and wavy oceans, but can You just make them a little less rough and a little less wavy?
As I said, I am not one of Your strongest soldiers, Lord. So, please go easy on me.
I am still a child (at heart). 😭
I can take it. I know I can. I just hope I don’t always have to.
Here’s to 35, self. Ang sabi nga ng Manong Bon Jovi, “We’re halfway there. Take my hand and we’ll make it, I swear.” 🥂✨🥳
au revoir, 34.
Comments
Post a Comment